Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a vehicle or products from Spectrum Automotive, you are accepting our terms and conditions.
1. We endeavour to not make any mistakes, however please check the car specification, car service record and anything else that is relevant to your purchasing decision with your Spectrum Automotive representative before placing an order.
2. Spectrum Automotive will pass to you all keys, manuals service records and radio codes received.
3. It is agreed between the contracting parties that all disputes arising out of any contracts or agreements entered into will fall under the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales and the laws of those will apply under the provisions of the contracts (Applicable Law) Act 1990.
4. The vehicle does not belong to the customer until it is paid for with cleared funds.
Deposits and Pre-payments
5. A minimum deposit of two thousand pounds (£1000) is required with every order to show the customer’s commitment to purchase the vehicle and Spectrum Automotive’s commitment to supply the vehicle. Any payment made in excess of £1000 will have been individually negotiated between Spectrum Automotive and the customer, this usually occurs with orders subject to heavy bespoke modification. Placing an order and/or making a deposit is acceptance of the Spectrum Automotive terms and conditions.
6. If the customer fails to pay the outstanding balance of the agreed purchase price without lawful reason by the agreed date, or fails to collect the vehicle by the agreed date Spectrum Automotive will be entitled to treat the agreement as cancelled by the customer and offer the vehicle for re-sale. Spectrum Automotive will be entitled to claim from the customer any reasonable losses suffered which may include but are not limited to stocking charges, unrecoverable extras fitted to the vehicle, and any reduction in value of the vehicle. Once Spectrum Automotive notify the customer their vehicle is completed and ready for collection the balance of invoice is payable no later than 7 days from notification of completion.
7. Spectrum Automotive will be entitled to use the deposit and any prepayment to reduce its reasonable losses. Any excess will be returned to the customer and any shortfall will be paid by the customer.
NOTE : Handover dates are indicative and Spectrum Automotive cannot be held responsible for delivery delays caused by the manufacturer.
8. Any part exchange allowance agreed with a customer is based upon either the customer’s description of the vehicle to Spectrum Automotive or upon its inspection by Spectrum Automotive. Valuations are based on the assumption that a valid V5, Book Packs, Service books with correct stamps and keys will be handed over by the customer.
9. Part exchange vehicles will only be accepted when accompanied by a valid V5 (Logbook). If you do not have the logbook for your part exchange vehicle in your possession, please contact your sales person as soon as possible.
10. In the event of subsequent damage to the vehicle (fair wear and tear accepted) or if the customer knowingly gave incorrect information concerning the vehicle or has concealed a defect in the vehicle which Spectrum Automotive relied upon, Spectrum Automotive may decline to take the vehicle. In this case Spectrum Automotive will try to agree with the customer a new allowance. If no agreement can be reached, the customer shall either pay the full price or Spectrum Automotive will be entitled to treat the agreement as cancelled by the customer and the provisions of clause 7 shall then apply.
Warranties / Faulty Products
11. Used Vehicle's with delivery miles (less than 100) will be supplied with 12 months warranty on Spectrum Automotive parts and the balance of the manufacturer’s warranty on manufacturer parts where available, all warranty claims on OEM parts must be managed directly with the manufacturer, any warranty claims for non Spectrum Automotive parts are at the manufacturers discretion.
12. Used Vehicles, in excess of 100 miles will be supplied with 3 months warranty from date of purchase.
13. Where Spectrum Automotive products are retro-fitted to a vehicle a 12 Month parts warranty applies.
14. Branded products supplied by Spectrum Automotive are covered by 12 months manufacturer’s warranty, any repairs and replacements will be carried out in accordance with the manufacturers terms after the product has been returned.
15. Unbranded products supplied by Spectrum Automotive are covered by 12 months manufacturer’s warranty from faults and defects.
16. Any claim by the customer based upon defects in the quality or condition of the vehicle shall be notified to Spectrum Automotive within a reasonable time of the date of delivery, or where the defects were not apparent on a reasonable inspection, within a reasonable time after discovery of the defects.
17. Spectrum Automotive parts are designed for day to day road use and as such, not covered against damage from heavy off-road use or excessive submersion.
18. Damages caused by delivery companies or shipping agents must be rejected or signed for as damaged, Spectrum Automotive cannot be held responsible or claim for any damages that are not documented by the delivery driver.
19. All defective products must be returned to Spectrum Automotive for inspection.
20. Spectrum Automotive do not offer an advanced replacement service for defective products.
21. Products must be fitted by Spectrum Automotive or an approved technician, any defects caused by incorrect fitting will not be covered under warranty.
22. Products purchased through an Spectrum Automotive independent reseller must be returned via the original route of purchase.
23. Product warranty is not transferable
24. Spectrum Automotive Products installed on vehicles carry a 12 month warranty irrespective of items covered by the manufacturers 36 month warranty.
25. Vehicle owners must adhere to manufacturers guide lines on service inspections, failure to maintain a vehicle within the specified guidelines will negate cover on all products installed by Spectrum Automotive.
26. Spectrum Automotive products are outside of manufacturers specifications and not endorsed by the manufacturer. As such, manufacturer’s warranty may be affected on certain parts by Spectrum modifications, a main dealer may not honour warranty repairs if they believe the cause of the fault is caused by an after-market modification. Spectrum Automotive will not be held responsible for any costs incurred with manufacturers, main dealers or any other 3rd party for repairs.
27. ECU Remapping is not supported by manufacturers or main dealers. A main dealer may not honour warranty repairs if they believe the fault has been caused by changes made to the ECU. ECU Remaps are installed at the owner’s risk and Spectrum Automotive will not be held responsible for disputes or repair costs incurred with manufacturers and main dealers.
28. Wear and tear damage and light impact damage to alloy wheels are not covered under warranty.
29. The parts warranty does not cover breakages to items that are subject to adjustment or replacement during normal service or maintenance operations.
Spectrum Automotive is not responsible for any repair or replacement that is required as a direct result of:
• Normal wear and tear
• Failure to properly maintain the vehicle in accordance with Land Rover’s maintenance schedules and service instructions
• Damage resulting from neglect, accident, or improper use
• Unauthorised modifications of the Spectrum Automotive parts by a 3rd Party
• Poor or incorrect fitting by a third party
• Paint surface and anti-corrosion warranty
• Incorrect painting or preparation undertaken by a third party
• Failure to properly maintain paint and bodywork by regular cleaning
• Failure to rectify on a timely basis
• Factors beyond control, such as natural hazards (salt, industrial fall-out, storm damage, acid rain) and damage (including stone chips, scratches
• The use of unsuitable, poor quality or highly acidic cleaning agents
• Accident repairs by a 3rd Party to Spectrum Automotive products, using materials or methods of repair that have not been pre-approved.
The Spectrum Automotive Warranty excludes liability for any lost time, inconvenience, loss of transportation, or any other incidental or consequential damage you (or anyone else) may incur as a result of a defect covered by this warranty.
Please consider all payment methods and the associated guidelines.
Acceptable methods of payment are as follows:
PERSONAL Debit card (USING CHIP & PIN) – No Fee’s - Maximum Transaction amount £3,000
BUSINESS Debit card (USING CHIP & PIN) - no Fee's - Maximum Transaction amount £3,000
VISA AND MASTERCARD Credit card’s (USING CHIP & PIN) - Maximum Transaction amount £3,000
AMERICAN EXPRESS – Not accepted
Over the Phone - Maximum Payment by card over the phone is £2000 (For a Vehicle Deposit) and £1000 (For Product Purchases)
CHEQUES - Not accepted
CASH - A Maximum of £8,000 Per Transaction
Electronic Transfer – No Fee’s
Contact us for Bank Details
Please quote the registration number of the vehicle you are purchasing.
If you are paying by cash please let us know, as we will require prior notice. A maximum limit of £8,000 applies.
Please Note it may be necessary for Spectrum Automotive to contact several finance companies to arrange suitable finance. To ensure you are able to collect your vehicle as planned it is essential that you bring with you on the day of collection:
Your DRIVING LICENSE stating your current address
It is important that customers instruct third party finance companies to ensure cleared funds are received by Spectrum Automotive prior to collection of the vehicle.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 If you choose to reject the vehicle under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 all keys and documentation must be present at the point of return. The vehicle must be returned to Spectrum Automotive’s premises.
The name Spectrum, Spectrum AUTOMOTIVE, Spectrum TRUCK and all logos are registered trademarks and not to be used by any 3rd party without consent from Spectrum Automotive.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
Spectrum AUTOMOTIVE LTD is an independent vehicle modifier
The company 'Spectrum Automotive' is not endorsed or affiliated with Jaguar Land Rover and / or any of its associated marks. By purchasing products from Spectrum Automotive you are accepting that you understand
Terms and conditions in full
THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW APPLY TO ALL TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND SMC Automotive/Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PLACING YOUR ORDER AND PRINT A COPY FOR FUTURE REFERENCE AS THEY CONTAIN RELEVANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS AND DUTIES. WE WOULD SPECIFICALLY DRAW YOUR ATTENTION TO SECTION 9 REGARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU.
1. Offer and Acceptance
1.1 When a Vehicle is determined to be available and you wish to purchase that Vehicle, we shall require from you a signed Vehicle Order. The Vehicle Order will detail the agreed Price and Specifications.
1.2 You should sign and return the Vehicle Order only if the Price and Specifications are to your satisfaction and you wish to proceed with the purchase. The signed Vehicle Order together with the Deposit shall be deemed an offer from you to Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd to purchase the vehicle detailed in the Order. Please note that you must return the signed Vehicle Order and Deposit to us within 24 hours as we cannot guarantee the Price or the availability of the Vehicle beyond that period.
1.3 The receipt of a signed Vehicle Order creates a binding contract between Spectrum Motor Centre and the Customer.
1.4 Should your order be in conjunction with an application for finance, please note that all quotations are for illustration purposes only and do not constitute an offer to enter into a legally binding contract. Credit is available to persons of 18 years and over subject to status and credit approval. Guarantees and Indemnities may be required. Quotations for credit are valid for a maximum of 28 days and are subject to any changes in vehicle prices, residual values, supply terms, statutory legislation or interest rates. Once the credit approval has been obtained and the order agreed the acceptances for credit and vehicle quotations are valid for a maximum of 90 days from issue. Quotations and acceptances may be subject to change outside of these timescales.
1.5 You acknowledge that once Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd has commenced provision of certain services after acceptance of your Vehicle Order you will incur certain costs that will not be refundable in the case of a cancellation even where the cancellation is allowed under section 6.
2. Price and Payment
2.1 For a vehicle order to be initiated you must pay a minimum deposit of £1000 either prior to or at the same time as you submit the order form. (For higher value vehicles we may request a higher deposit). Your deposit payment can be made by either credit, debit card or electronic bank transfer (see 2.4 for fees in relation to credit card transactions). When the Vehicle is ready we will contact you to agree on an appropriate payment date and method. Once payment of the Balance has been made we will then supply a final invoice.
2.2 All Prices quoted on our web site are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by the company capable of acceptance by you. All prices quoted on the Vehicle Order will, unless stated otherwise, include VAT, number plates, 12 months road fund licence and the first registration fee.
2.3 The balance of the Purchase Price, this being the Price less the Deposit and the amount of any Part- Exchange Valuation agreed by us, shall be paid before delivery or collection of your Vehicle. Payment can be made by either credit card (see 2.4 for fees that may apply), electronic bank transfer or an agreed method to our holding company account (Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd). We will not proceed with Delivery/collection of the vehicle until we receive cleared funds into the Account in the amount of the balance.
2.4 Payments made by personal debit card or credit card are free of charge, the maximum we will take by card payment is £3000. Where payment is made by credit or debit card the relevant consumer and credit legislation will apply. We reserve the right to refuse your order where the card issuer refuses to authorise payment or where we have any other legitimate concerns about your payment. We do NOT accept card payments for full balances.
2.4.1 If you pay the balance on a commercial debit card (i.e. business or company card), then there will be a surcharge of 1.6% added to the balance.
2.5 Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd, if you so require, can offer you finance with one of our finance providers. All offers of finance will be subject to status. If your order is to be completed with the drawdown of a finance or lease agreement please note that we must receive cleared funds from the funder before the Vehicle is delivered/released.
2.6 Please note that the vehicle will remain the property of Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd until full and final payment is received by us. Failure to pay any sum when due under the Contract will result in the application of interest on the outstanding amount from the due date for payment at the annual rate of 6% above the base lending rate from time to time of Bank Of England, accruing on a daily basis until payment is made. If no specific due date for payment has been agreed, the due date for payment shall be deemed to be:
1. The date falling 10 days after receipt of the final invoice; or
2. (If earlier in time) the date of actual Delivery or Collection of the Vehicle; or
3. (If earlier in time) the date falling seven days after the date of the notice we give to you that the Vehicle is ready for Delivery or Collection.
3. Refund of Deposit
3.1 Once an order has been placed and a vehicle has been commissioned any deposit received is deemed non-refundable. Where a vehicle has been ordered to a customers specification/ requirements Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd reserves the right to charge a fee (i.e. retain deposit) to cover any costs incurred as a result of a cancelled/amended order, unless agreed in writing prior to delivery.
3.2 If Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd, for any reason, is unable to fulfil your specific vehicle order then we will return in full any Deposit paid by you to us as soon as possible and will be under no further liability whatsoever to you.
3.3 The Estimated Delivery Date specified in your Vehicle Order is representational of the time we believe it will take to deliver the vehicle. We will do all that we reasonably can to ensure that the vehicle is delivered by the Estimated Delivery Date and we shall inform you as soon as is practicable if we are unable to deliver the Vehicle by that estimated delivery date. If delivery has not taken place within 28 days of the Estimated Delivery date, you will be entitled to cancel the contract and receive repayment of your Deposit unless you have agreed otherwise, verbally or in writing, to accept a late delivery. Where delay is caused by circumstances beyond our control we will not be liable for any damages related to the delay.
3.4 If the Order is cancelled by you as a result of a breach by us of any of the conditions of the Contract, or as a result of you exercising your right to cancel following Delay as outlined in Clause 3.2, then you are entitled to a refund of your Deposit.
4. Changing the Order
4.1 After you have signed the Vehicle Order, the Specifications and Price are fixed and may only change as follows:
4.1.2 If, following an Order for a generic vehicle model, the manufacturer changes the Specifications or price or model year then you will have the option either to accept the Vehicle with the changed Specifications, Price or model year (and pay any resulting increase to the Price) or to cancel the Order and receive your deposit back in full.
4.1.3 If, following the acceptance of your order, it is later determined that the manufacturer has displayed inaccurate or incomplete information on their website and this has resulted in the quoted price or specification being unavailable, Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd will not be held responsible for the completion of the contract
4.1.4 If the cost of road fund licence or the rate of value added tax increases then you will be required to pay the increased amount.
5.1 All prices quoted do not include delivery. We can arrange either transported or driven at an additional cost.
Delivery outside mainland England and Wales may be subject to additional charges but will be detailed on your Vehicle Order.
5.2 Should you request a delayed delivery for any reason then we agree to do all that we reasonably can to store the vehicle for you until you are ready to take delivery. We may still require payment on the due date which may be prior to delivery and in the meantime, you agree to pay in full for any storage charges that may occur.
5.3 If you have chosen to have the vehicle delivered you acknowledge and understand that in some instances the vehicle may not be totally clean and may have suffered reasonable wear and tear as a result of the journey.
You accept that Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd is not liable for such wear and tear unless it goes beyond what could reasonably be expected as a result of the journey.
5.4 When your vehicle is delivered you will be invited to inspect the vehicle and sign a delivery Acceptance Note. By signing this note you will be deemed to have accepted the vehicle in the condition it arrives. If you find any damage to the vehicle you should detail any such damage on the Delivery Acceptance Note before signing it. If you do not wish to accept delivery of the vehicle because of such Damage, then DO NOT sign the Delivery Acceptance Note. In the event that there is damage to the vehicle but you still wish to accept delivery, and provided that you have noted such damage on the Delivery Acceptance Form, then you will have the right to have the damage made good.
Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd cannot be responsible for any claim of damage to the vehicle if it is not brought to our attention on the Delivery Acceptance Note.
5.5 Where the vehicle supplied by Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd is pre-registered you understand and accept that you shall not be the first recorded owner on the V5 Logbook.
5.6 Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd will charge a cancellation fee In the event that you have specified a Delivery Arrangement with us, and you subsequently choose to re-arrange or cancel such Delivery Arrangement less than 48 hours before delivery is due to take place, please note that you may be subjected to a cancellation charge of up to the value of your deposit.
6.1 We may cancel your Vehicle Order immediately if any of the following occurs: 6.1.1 The manufacturer ceases to make the type of vehicle you ordered;
6.1.2 The vehicle Order has been formed upon the basis of a substantive error in terms of the Order Form including a typographical or mathematical error with respect to the price or specification; or if the Vehicle Order has been formed upon the basis of inaccurate information contained on the manufacturer's website or literature.
6.1.3 The completion of the Contract is dependent upon the draw-down of a finance or leasing agreement and following the failure of the finance company to pay over the funds due on that agreement you are unable to provide an alternative method of funding.
6.1.4 You materially breach any term of the Contract, including failure to make any payments when due; or
6.1.5 You fail, within 14 days of being asked to do so, to nominate an address for the delivery of the vehicle to you, or you fail to take delivery of the vehicle when delivery is attempted by us at the address specified for delivery in the order.
6.1.6 In the event that we cancel your Vehicle Order pursuant to clause 6.1.3, 6.1.4 or 6.1.5 above, then we will do our best to find an alternative buyer for the Vehicle. If we cannot find an alternative buyer, we reserve the right to forfeit some or all of your deposit as compensation for any losses caused directly by your breach. Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd will not be liable for any consequential loss incurred due to cancellation of Order.
6.2 You may cancel your vehicle order if any of the following occurs: 6.2.1 Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd materially breaches the agreement;
6.2.2 The vehicle, at the time of delivery/collection does not match the Specification on the Vehicle Order (unless otherwise agreed beforehand).
6.2.3 The vehicle order has been formed upon the basis of a substantive error in terms of the Order Form including a typographical or mathematical error with respect to the price or specification;
6.2.4 You choose to exercise your right to cancel in accordance with Clause 5.2 (excess delay in the Delivery of your vehicle); or
6.2.5 Any of the circumstances outlined in Clauses 6.1.1, 6.1.2 above (change of specifications or model year, or increase in price by the manufacturer).
6.3 In addition, you have a right under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 ("the Regulations") to cancel your order for any reason without charge. This cancellation right begins on the date of delivery/collection and ends on the expiry period of 7 working days (Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays are not considered to be working days) from the date of delivery/collection. Any monies paid will be returned. However, you do not have this right of cancellation if the vehicle has been made to your specification or has had specifications added that have clearly personalised the vehicle. (See 6.31)
6.31 Any vehicle with any specified additions or modifications over and above the standard factory specification. This can include Colour, trim, Engine performance upgrades, external & interior enhancements etc (this is NOT a complete list).
6.4 If you exercise your right to cancel an order after delivery of the vehicle then:
6.4.1 You must inform Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd as soon as possible in writing to Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd, Unit 1 Kings Court, Prince William Avenue, Sandycroft, Nr Chester, CH5 2PX. If the vehicle is rejected on delivery then you must also notify delivery driver immediately and make a written note of this on the Delivery Acceptance Note;
6.4.2 You will either return the Vehicle to us at your expense or allow us to collect the vehicle from you. If we have to collect the vehicle from you we will be entitled to charge you for the related costs involved for the recovery;
6.4.3 You must keep the vehicle in the same condition as it was delivered or collected until it is either returned or collected. There should be no material increase in the mileage recorded at delivery or date of collection.
6.4.4 You must when the vehicle is returned or collected provide to us the keys, V5 registration document (if available) and all other documentation and items supplied with the vehicle
6.4.5 You must compensate us for any damage you have caused to the vehicle or any use you may have made of the vehicle which has reduced its value.
6.5 Should you wish us to make good any missing specifications or damage to the vehicle instead of choosing to cancel the contract and receive a refund, then, provided you have noted such missing specification or damage on the collection/Delivery Acceptance Note, and to the extent that it is reasonably practicable for us to do so, we shall do our best to do so within a reasonable period of time having consideration to the nature of the repairs required. If it is not reasonably practicable for us to make good any missing specifications or damage to the vehicle we shall offer you a full refund of the price. This does not affect your statutory rights.
7. Part-Exchange Vehicles
7.1 If Spectrum Motor Centre Ltd agrees to accept your Part-Exchange Vehicle in lieu of payment of the amount of the Part- Exchange Valuation then we do so subject to the following conditions:
7.1.1 That the Part-Exchange Vehicle is your own property and is either free from all encumbrances or is subject only to one or more encumbrances capable of a cash settlement, in which case we will (after we have received your Part-Exchange Vehicle and delivered the vehicle to you) apply an appropriate amount of the Part-Exchange Valuation to any appropriate third party to discharge any such encumbrances, and you accept that the amount of the Part- Exchange Valuation shall accordingly be reduced (and the amount of the Price payable by you in cleared funds correspondingly increased) by the amount required to discharge any such encumbrances;
7.1.2 Should we require to do so, that we have been given reasonable opportunity to examine your Part-Exchange Vehicle to confirm the appropriate level of the Part-Exchange Valuation and that such examination has taken place to our satisfaction;
7.1.3 That we receive your Part-Exchange Vehicle from you in substantially the same condition as was specified by you in the information provided to us pursuant to which the Part-Exchange Valuation was calculated and that the statements and representations made by you in relation to your Part-Exchange Vehicle (including all statements, assessments and representations submitted by you on the site) are accurate and complete in all respects;
7.1.4 That you have disclosed to us, prior to the Part Exchange Valuation, all facts that may materially effect on the value of the Vehicle; and
7.1.5 That your Part-Exchange Vehicle is collected by us at the same time as or before delivery of the vehicle is made to you, and that title in your Part-Exchange Vehicle passes to us absolutely upon collection.
7.1.6 That your Part-Exchange Vehicle has a valid MOT and road tax and is in a condition suitable for use on the public highway, unless formally agreed by us, at the time of collection by us.